We are all excited to hear that there is real progress on a Covid vaccine and that this should improve the quality of life for all of us.
We know that you, like us, are struggling with the confines imposed upon us all due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Everyone is trying to make the best of the situation and, the practices of Aldershot Primary Care Network are committed to caring for you in the best possible way whilst keeping both you and our teams safe.
To keep you as informed as possible, we will update these messages frequently as we become aware of more information from NHS England:
- Some hospitals have now received the Pfizer/BioNTech Covid vaccine and have started to vaccinate patients. The hospitals are sending out invitations to the patients they can vaccinate.
- Our PCN may be getting vaccines in the next few weeks and the practices will be working together to vaccinate the people of Aldershot
- We have to follow strict government guidelines which tell us which group of patients to vaccinate first
- You will be contacted, if you are eligible for a vaccine, when we know what date the vaccine is available for you.
- It is essential, if you are given a vaccine, that you return for the second part of the vaccination on the date that you are advised to.
- Please do not telephone the practices to ask when or if you are going to get a Covid Vaccine. You will be contacted individually if you are eligible.
- We will keep this website updated with as much information as we can.
- We have many patients to vaccinate so we ask for your patience as we work through this vaccination programme which will last well into 2021.
Meanwhile, we all need to keep to the advice of hand-washing, face masks and social distancing.